Clear Lake Community Club Meeting Minutes
May 2nd, 2016
Meeting called to order with 14 present. Minutes approved. No treasurers report.
- *Queen for a Day went well. Will have future discussion on making changes to help it raise money.
- *Terry Monson discussed placement of electrical temps. Showed map placements. Bid for materials they will donate trencher and labor. Clear Lake Area Community Center has also approved.
- * Methodist Church will be serving food from Church but wish to continue paying for being on poster.
- *Web-site – There is free hosting for non-profit. Clear Lake Civic & Commerce is what we are called but we are not as a non-profit. Kyle Overby says to start paperwork $25 and $400. Cindy Soderberg will continue to work on this, Motion made and seconded to have Kyle Overby get us non-profit status.
- * Buttons: Ideas for pic? Laura Andersen will find one from the many old photos in the Chronicle Office. Prize $ suggested 1st -$250, 2nd – $200, 3rd – $150. Sell for $2 apiece. 1,000 to be made at $.40 with profit about $1600 if all sold. Will have Royalty sell buttons.
- * Parade: Gerainne Christiansen reported 8 bands have entered so far. Motion made and passed for business from out of town to be charged $20.00 per unit and person and Political Candidates to be charged $50.00 per unit and person.
* Beer Tent: Calls will be made for bids
30×90’ $2600 Eau Claire
30×60’ $500 Amery Fire Dept.
60×90’ $2075 Festivities Tent Rental
Discussion held on tent placement: on grass beside bell room of 80’ east to west and 95’ north to south.
- * Grand Marshalls: Pete & Diane Fall, declined. Laura Andersen will ask Vern & Bev Engebretson.
- * Food Stand at Sunday Car Show: Tonya Roth will cook and serve pulled pork sandwiches, buns and condiments, find volunteers for 10am to 2pm presence.
- * Poster/Flyer information needed ASAP for Stacy Otis to print.
- * Derby: ordering little flags for drivers to autograph for child participation. $10.00 at gate, wristbands of 2 colors and zip ties for approved coolers.
- * Lifeline Food Pantry would like to know if can still be open for Food Shelf during Carnival set up.
- * 15th Annual EMT’s Breakfast in Community Center Gym 7:30-10:30am.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:00pm
Respectively submitted by
Laura Andersen CLCC Secretary