Clear Lake Community Club Minutes
March 6th, 2017 7:00 p.m.
President Alison Blanchard opened the meeting with 17 present.
Minutes were read. Treasurers’ report read. Balance of $13,194.09.
- Clear Lake Heritage Days:
- Softball Tournament previously run by Blaine Leslie will not be held. The Chalet Ballfield is open for CL Days.
- Motion made and approved to accept budget for Clear Lake Days’ Miss Clear Lake pageant at $2,720.00.
- Thursday Covenant Church Band will play. No time was specified. Band is also interested in playing Saturday under tent 12:00-4:00pm. Band has no name; contact person is Cindy Moreland
- Advertising will be with Tri-County with additional inserts.
- Clear Lake Girls Basket Ball wants to do a Dunk Tank. 12:00 – 8:00pm on both Friday and Saturday by food stands and/or Carnival Rides. Motion made and approved.
- Bands to be voted on: Sunday’s Regret, Gypsy Road, The Compromise, The Weekenders, The Gitbacks. Vote was held and Decided on Friday night: The Compromise; Saturday night: The Weekenders. Laura Andersen will contact and contract.
- Car Show: Johnny Buhr will contact Rock Man for music. Mary Wienke is heading this up?
- Derby: Firemen hours and food. Hours have been decided. Firemen asked to have more raffles between heats. Lisa and Chase would like T-shirts, gift cards, etc…to throw out to crowd between the heats, get people pumped up. Asking all businesses for any donations.
- No buttons for sale this year, except from Museum. Royalty will make their own (@250). Selling Can Koozies instead. We are ordering 1000 with mysterious new logo and saying for CL.
- Miller Sanitation put in bid for restrooms and wash stations for $1250.00. Motion made and approved.
- Pedal pull 6:00 Friday night: Lisa Duden has taken care of contracts and all expenses are taken care of. Battle of the Bands idea: there is no interest. Themed parade will be done next year. Talent Show idea is still an option after parade on Saturday; Megan Ritterpusch will look into.
- Lisa Duden has looked into T-shirts prices. Discussion held on plain T or polo’s and colors. Will come back with color options for both with screen printing, both will have the new CL logo and phrasing?
- Miss Clear Lake and Ist Princess reported. Miss Clear Lake (Camryn Lillie) thanked the Club for sending her to the St. Paul Winter Carnival. They both talked about what they’ve liked so far about being royalty.
- The Clear Lake parade float, starting on April 1st, will be stored at Nextgen – after contract with Christiansen’s Storage is final. Thank you Nextgen for this generous donation. Was brought up that the royalty should go out to businesses asking if they would like to pull the float, for tie-ins to community and extra advertising for their own business.
- Grand Marshalls were chosen from many choices. Laura Andersen will contact them.
- Easter Egg Hunt in the Clear Lake Park. We buy eggs and businesses fill. Save idea for next year.
- Kick off to Summer. Have a day in the Clear Lake Park with ice cream and games for kids and families to enjoy an afternoon. Decided yes. Saturday, June 10th at 12:00 – 4:00pm. Will look into for donations for ice cream and cones. Ask churches or other organizations if would like to run children’s games.
- Earth Day Event on April 22nd, 2017. Earth Day Celebration on April 22nd, 2017 (This event will always take place the Saturday after Earth Day the 22nd of April) This event will be held at the Clear Lake Community Center around 9-4pm time frame. There will be a breakfast, vendors fair, education/speaker/demo area, children’s activities, Food vendors, door prizes, silent auction. Focusing on education.
- The committee has asked for some money to get postage and printing started. Motion made and approved to budget Earth Day Committee with $200.00; with all receipts handed in, all monies coming into Clear Lake Community Club and full payback with Excel monies.
- Earth Eco Fair planned for August 26th, in Clear Lake Park.
- OctoberFUNfest: tentatively set for October 14th, 2017 from 11-7pm. Voting at village meeting on 4/11. Firehouse will be open for Fire Safety Week and open house more people will be in town. Village wants us to have it uptown for businesses. Need to fence off all drinking areas from Rusted Rooster to Bank? Banding adults who drink, music will be by Eddie and Stretch, Snowmobile Club would like to do something Chase will get back to us, Kripple Kreek would do mums and pumpkins, have $20 craft/vendor tables, maybe put up tent/fence area for samples brews and wines; set up like car show. Have the FFA Cheese Curd booth selling, Lions sell food, Nilssen’s Brats and Sour Kraut, Apples (Bayfield), Pie eating contest, face painting, scare crow building contest, round bale rolling, childrens games, etc.
- Joyce Jurisch has again requested photos from families with children who have taken photos of them sliding, playing, bonfire, visiting or anything in the last nine years to add to their magazine article.
- Save the Date cards discussed: mass mailing prices for postcard will bring to next meeting. Card will be 4×9 2 sided with all info for upcoming CL events so people will know.
Next meeting will be April 3rd, 2017 at 7pm in Clear Lake Community Center Cafeteria
Respectively submitted by
Laura Andersen CLCC Secretary