Clear Lake Community Club Minutes
March 2nd, 2016 7:00 p.m.
President Stacy Otis opened the meeting with 13 present.
- Bands have been contracted for CL Days. Friday County Line and Saturday is Sunday’s Regret. Both local bands.
- Bids will be looked into for Portable restrooms and hand washing sinks.
- Demolition Derby will be charging $30.00 for coolers and $20.00 for truck parking.
- Discussion held on possible Uptown Sidewalk Sale headed by Cindy Soderberg. Possible Scavenger Hunt incentive for people to get into the stores and visit. This would happen in a 2-3 hour time frame morning of Friday. Each business would offer a prize/money or service. 18-20 businesses have expressed interest.
- Advertising poster deadline is April 30th.
- Car show will be headed by Mary Wienke still needs to find sponsorship. Discussion held if money to go into CLCC funds.
- Motorcycle Show headed by Jenny Iverson (Mid Way)
- Snowmobile Show headed by Gerianne Christensen.
- Parade Letters went out on February 20th.
- Pedal Pull headed by Lisa Duden; will be sponsored by Central Auto Body; they will handle the puller and trophies.
- Sawdust pile discussed and need to contact Leona Voss; and need someone to pick up with trailer from Andersen Windows before event.
- Food stands headed by Curly Danielson. Methodist Church attended and asked for consideration of their stand being close to road for easier handling of products they bring in. Or having their stand in the Methodist Church basement. Decision made to put them on road in corner. Thank you Methodist church for attending meeting with request.
- EMT Breakfast possibly have in the gym for easier access for elderly and handicap. They need to contact Clear Lake Community Center to get it reserved for the morning. Keri Aquino will be heading it up.
- Discussion held on buttons need picture/Design and have cash prizes. Multiple prizes and attendance required.
- Discussion held on billing for non-Clear Lake Community Club activities on the poster.
- Softball Tournament is headed by Travis LaBlanc.
- Consideration for a new friendly and more affordable website and will be actively looked into.
- Queen for a Day will be April 23rd 2:00 – 7:00pm.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:03 pm.
Next meeting will be April 4th, at Community room (old girl’s locker room) in the Community Center.
Respectively submitted by
Laura Andersen CLCC Secretary