Clear Lake Community Club
October 7, 2019
Meeting was called to order by Tanya-Jo Roth at 7:00pm. Alison Blanchard took over at 7:04pm. 14 people in attendance.
Secretary’s Report: Motion was made by Amy Strobach and seconded by Lisa Duden to approve the report as presented. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report: $2,824.89 plus $300 cash for start up of OktoberFUNfest activities
Business Council Report: Brainstormed ideas for getting money. Gazebo and entry sign projects are on hold due to weather.
- Farmer’s Market: Last one was October 4th. There were no shoppers the last 3 weeks. A sub-committee is being formed to plan next year’s Market.
- Fundraising: sign up now for Brat Stand at Nilssen’s; chili booth at Holiday Stroll; April Riniker will investigate Raffle License; put out buckets to collect donations
- Upcoming Events
-OktoberFUNfest: Motion was made by Stephanie Binstock and seconded by April Riniker to cancel this event due to the prediction for bad weather. Motion passed.
-Progressive Holiday Stroll: The event will be Friday, December 6th from 4 – 9 pm. Coloring pages will be available before then and judging will take place that night at the Ambulance Garage. Participating businesses will pay $20 to be on the poster advertising the Stroll. Each participating business will need to provide their own door prize. Overby Financial Services will get letter out to area businesses inviting them to participate in this event.
-Santa Day: The event will be held Friday, December 6th from 5 – 8 pm at the Ambulance Garage. Nextgen is decorating the gazebo as a secondary picture taking spot. Independent Roofing is providing kettle corn.
-Lighting Contest: Lisa Duden has judges. Cricket will get ad put in paper.
-New Year’s Eve Fireworks: Company has not heard anything back from insurance companies. Discussed having another community such as Clayton join Clear Lake to put on the fireworks. Tanya-Jo will talk with Jenny Bergmann.
- 2020 Sponsorship Committee: Need people to revise the letter, gather names of all the area businesses and get the letter out
- 2020: Alison will be stepping down as President. Elections will be held in January.
- Please bring details and budgets for the events you worked on in 2019 to the November meeting. Budgets for 2020 need to be voted on.
- Bylaws need to be worked on
- 501 ©6 application needs to be worked on
Adjourn: Motion was made by Rodney Fall and seconded by Amy Strobach to adjourn. Meeting adjourned at 8:31 pm.
The next meeting is Monday, November 4th at 7:00 pm in the Municipal Building.
Respectfully submitted by Christine (Cricket) LaFond.