Clear Lake Community Club
November 4, 2019
Tanya-Jo Roth called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
Secretary’s Report: Christine LaFond gave a brief synopsis of the October Minutes. Motion was made by Amy Strobach and seconded by Lisa Duden to approve the October Minutes. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report: Amy Strobach reported that we have $2,827.67. Motion was made by Christine LaFond and seconded by Lisa Duden to accept the Report. Motion passed.
Alison Blanchard-Avery arrived at 7:07 pm
Business Council Report: Alison Blanchard-Avery reported that there will be a new village sign at the triangle by CR next Spring; Work has begun on Job Fair 2020 which will be held at the High School; Polk County Economic Development will report on the results of their study in the Campion Room at the Clear Lake Village Building on December 10th.
- OktoberFUNfest: Motion was made by Christine LaFond and seconded by Amy Strobach to table discussion since no one from the planning committee for this event was present.
- Fundraising: no discussion
- Wrestling Presentation: Jeremy Gatzke, Clear Lake resident and David from Midwest All-Star Wrestling would like to put on a pro wrestling fundraiser. Show details: 2 – 2.5 hours, 12 – 15 super stars, 16 x 16 ring or 18 x 18 ring; need 13ft high ceiling; space for wrestlers to change clothes; mats are on floor under the ring posts to protect gym floor; full video presentation; ring announcer; $2500 fee, can charge admission – suggested prices: $7.00 for children, $10.00 for adults; needs 2 months notice, and fully licensed and insured.
- Upcoming Events:
-Progressive Holiday Stroll: Quite a few participants, wagon rides
-Santa Day: fire pit at Ambulance Garage, 12 prizes for coloring page contest, handing out candy canes, cookies and cider will also be available, and music by Kar Jackers.
-NYE Fireworks: Company that does Hot Air Balloon Fest in Hudson is available. More discussion will be held at the December meeting. Tanya-Jo Roth will attend the Clayton Village Board meeting to ask if they want to join in on Clear Lake’s celebration.
- Swan Beach Vendor Events: refer to handouts. Motion was made by Christine LaFond and seconded by Lisa Duden to have Swan Beach organize a Craft and Vendor Show on the Saturday of Clear Lake Days. The Show will run from 9 am – 3 pm. They will be on the road in front of Auto Experts which will be closed from 7 am – 4 pm
- 2020 Officers Election: Details: Let Christine LaFond know by December 31st if you want to be on the ballot and for what position, vote will be at the January 6, 2019 Community Club Meeting in the Campion Room of the Village Office, Christine will place an ad in the Clear Lake Chronicle, and person is eligible if lives or works in Clear Lake and is over 18.
- Chronicle Ads: Motion was made by Tanya-Jo Roth and seconded by Amy Strobach to discontinue the Community Calendar at the end of 2019. Motion passed.
- 2020 Budgets: Chairs of events were supposed to turn budgets in at this meeting. Alison Blanchard-Avery and Amy Strobach will review.
- Minutes: Christine will get them out as soon as possible. Wendy Schoggins is compiling an e-mail list of who should get Minutes.
- United Covenant Church: discussed mental health and asked for the Club’s help when plans are finalized for events.
- Light up the Village: Details: winners will be announced December 20th, winning business will be awarded a traveling trophy; winning homeowner will get 4 tickets to Sam’s Christmas Village in Somerset
- Sponsorship Letter Committee: Amy Strobach, Lisa Duden, and Tanya-Jo Roth. Alison Blanchard-Avery suggested talking to Liane Petersen since she was in charge of the letter for 2019.