Clear Lake Community Club
December 2, 2019
Tanya-Jo Roth called the meeting to order at 7:04 pm.
Secretary’s Report: Christine LaFond gave a brief synopsis of the November Minutes. Motion was made by Amy Strobach and seconded by Cindy Soderberg to approve the minutes. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report: Amy Strobach reported that we have $2,177.22 in the checking account. Amy handed out a breakdown by category of 2019 Expenses. Total Expenses = $38,896.40. Total Income = $35,202.68. Categories where the Club could save money included: eliminating the publication of the Community Calendar, eliminating the publication and mailing of Save the Date Cards, and discontinuing Holiday Bucks Program. The Club has already stopped using Quick Books. Motion was made by Cindy Soderberg and seconded by Christine LaFond to approve the report. Motion passed.
Business Council Report: Christine LaFond reviewed the Minutes. In order to meet the deadline for having Clear Lake Events published in the 2020 Polk County Tourism Guide, Holiday Stroll will still be held on the first Friday of December but will start at 3 pm and end at 7 pm. Discussion was held questioning if we needed to publish exact dates or could we just put TBD. For 2020, exact dates will be published but 2021 could be TBD. This issue will be revisited at a later date. OktoberFUNfest has been removed from the list of events.
- Holiday Stroll/Santa Day: Donation buckets will be out to encourage participants to help support future Community Club events; coloring pages have been delivered to the school; Santa is excited about his visit to Clear Lake; Ambulance Service will serve cookies and cider; Clear Lake Court has new elf costumes and will be printing the pictures of people with Santa; Ambulance Service bought luminaries to help those who were concerned about seeing in the dark; Kar Jackers will play Christmas music; Tanya-Jo will be selling chili as a fundraiser; items that were not used for OktoberFunfest might be used as Silent Auction items; and fire towers will be in the parking lot to keep people warm.
- NYE Fireworks: Amy has received a contract for $5,000 from a new vendor. Discussion was held that we do not have enough money to support this event and pay the insurance bill and other January bills. There is a potential sponsor but we need money in hand before signing the contract. Amy will not sign the contract and will contact the sponsor to get money. If no money is received, then the Fireworks will probably be cancelled. If we receive money, Amy has the picnic license, Dave Jurisch will get the permit, and Tanya-Jo will get the food.
- 2020 Elections: Ad is in the Chronicle
- 2020 Budget: Amy will work on the budgets for the separate events and the sponsorship letters. Christine and Tanya-Jo offered to help with these projects.
- It was decided the person holding the position of Secretary would be responsible for putting together future Agendas.
Adjourn: Motion was made by Cindy Soderberg and seconded by Amy Strobach to adjourn at 8:16 pm. Motion passed.
Next meeting is Monday, January 6th at 7 pm at the Clear Lake Public Library. Elections will be held.