Clear Lake Business Council
November 21, 2019
- Alison Blanchard-Avery called the meeting to order at 7:30 am
- Holiday Stroll
Participating business will be open a variety of hours
Posters are done and hanging up around town
Flyer was in the Clear Lake Chronicle
Lions Club will be at places starting at 1:00 pm. This is their big fundraiser for the Lifeline Food Pantry so please come out and donate and get a 2020 Calendar
Rides will be every 15 minutes
2020 Holiday Stroll will be Friday, December 4th from 3 – 7. Cricket will contact the Polk County Information Center so that date goes in the new Polk County Tourism Guide
- 2020 Job Fair at the Clear Lake High School
People are already contacting Alison to be a speaker
Several of the original speakers have already confirmed
Setting up a Google Doc to coordinate speakers
Date will be 1st or 2nd week of October
- Alumni Newsletter
Would be great to send one out at least 2 times per year
Highlight what’s happening in the community
- Need to update the Welcome Packet that new residents and businesses receive
- Cricket spoke about the Earth Day activities planned for 2020.
It’s the 50th Anniversary of this global event that is non-religious.
Clear Lake’s celebration will be Saturday, April 18th at the Clear Lake Elementary School.
The next meeting for anybody interested in learning more or helping is Saturday, December 7th at 9 am at the Clear Lake Public Library.
- End of year wrap up tentatively planned for an evening in January, 2020.
Respectively submitted by Cricket LaFond