Clear Lake Community Club Minutes
April 5th, 2017 7:00 p.m.
Vice President Tonya Jo Roth opened the meeting with 7 present. President Alison Blanchard arrived later.
Minutes were read. Treasurers’ report read. Balance of $12,994.09.
- Queen for a Day recap: Leona Voss reported. 57 girls participated, made $766.40, less approx. $135, plus cost of 10 bags of fries and 100 hot dogs. Miss Clear Lake parade float is being stored across from Auto Experts in old True Value building owned by Nextgen – at no cost to us. Leona is asking for anyone with knowledge and know-how to evaluate the float on needs for restructuring.
- Derby update: Lisa Duden reported. Lawn Mower Derby is a go with 100% pay out and being sponsored by Troy Elmer. Motion made and approved for Lisa to contact St. Croix County Fairgrounds for bleachers. From June 19-26 for 6 bleachers (2optional) at $60 for $360.00 budget. Contact Garret Protoue for delivery and return. Lisa and Chase would still like T-shirts, gift cards, etc…to throw out to crowd between the heats, get people pumped up. Asking all businesses for any donations.
- T-shirts and pictures for Community Club Chairmen: Lisa Duden reported. Picture will be next meeting on May 1st. Lisa will order t-shirts from Sports & More in color of safety green in cotton t-shirts $15.83 and polos $19.50 plus tax. The front of shirts will have the Business Council approved logo, after Village approves on April 10th, and the back will say Event Staff. Have sizes and money to Lisa by Friday the 9th.
- Advertising with Tri-County is still being worked on.
- Grand Marshalls were contacted and accepted. Mr. & Mrs. Neil and Joan Lillie.
- Ambulance/EMT’s will be serving food during parade, after and at Car Show. Community Club will not have a stand.
- Can Koozies: decided we will sell. Collapsible with logo printed on one side for $2.00 each.
- Discussion held on getting a raffle license. Motion made and approved to purchase one.
- Discussion held on the Clear Lake Community Club not having non-profit status as many of us were led to believe. Alison will be contacting past officers and Kyle Overby for more information.
- Donation letters: the club would like to hand deliver Thank You Notes to Community Club Supporters of $60.00 and up. Was suggested that Clear Lake Royalty deliver them dressed up. Discussion held on scheduling this during business hours and school will be out on April 17th. Girls will be asked.
- Buttons will be made by the Royalty themselves using the new CL Club logo. Museum will be making their own.
- Bands contracted for Friday night: The Compromise; Saturday night: The Weekenders.
- The Thursday night band is still being worked on.
- Beer is on hold. Holding tanks have been rented. Ice has not been ordered yet.
- Queen’s Tea will need 200 bottles of water to be delivered to them to hand out.
- Tonya Jo Roth will contact Elmer’s on staffing the beer tent.
- Summer Kick Off Event of Ice Cream in the Park will coincide with CLAY Summer Kick Off on June 3rd. with a time frame of 12:00 – 4:00pm. Per Village approval on April 10th. Laura will check into other groups that may be interested in hosting children games.
- Discussion held on Oktoberfest: per Village approval. Blocking off from Rusted Rooster to Clinic for vendors/tents; keeping in mind pathway for EMT’s if need arises. Midway to telephone company- craft beers, crafts, brats and kraut. See if Pizza place would serve craft beer? Get quotes for Polka Bands.
- Save the Date cards discussed: mass mailing prices for postcard will bring to next meeting. Card will be 4×9 2 sided with all info for upcoming CL events so people will know.
Next meeting will be May 1st, 2017 at 7pm in Clear Lake Community Center Cafeteria
Respectively submitted by
Laura Andersen CLCC Secretary