Clear Lake Community Club Minutes
April 4th, 2016 7:00 p.m.
President Stacy Otis opened the meeting with 9 present.
- Discussion held on getting a new Website for the Community Club but continuing with current until alls ready to upload. This will be headed by Cindy Soderberg.
- Bid for Toilets was discussed. Doug Miller attended and answered questions for us about hand washing and handicap rest rooms. Miller Sanitation received bid.
- Discussion held on Tents for CL Days. Stacy shared the many sizes and prices for each and many expressed the size that would be best to have band under the tent this year.
- Queen for a Day is April 23rd with snacks, pictures, sashes, runway, dance and crafts. 2016 Miss Clear Lake Candidates at this time are: Camryn Lillie, Madeline Andersen, Gina Strenke and Tashana Pankonien. Scholarships for Past Royalty have been paid out.
- Post Prom donation has been discussed and we will not be contributing this year.
- Discussion held on submitted permanent power bid from Terry Monson Electric. Community Center will have to meter their power usage for deciding on how they may charge Community Club for usage. Entire group assembled went outside around the Community Center to discuss the placement of power posts otherwise called temps. Committee formed to meet with Mr. Monson to discuss the placement; headed by Rodney Fall. Approval of bid contingent on placing of temps.
- President Stacy will be looking into ordering a tent.
- Car, Bike and Snowmobile Shows were discussed.
- Discussed budgets from 2015 and projections for 2016.
- Motion made to make 1,000 buttons for CL Days to be sold. Will be deciding on design next month. $2.00 a button with 3 – $100.00 wins Friday and Saturday; must be present to win for 2. Buttons will be sold by candidates, businesses and in beer tent.
- Scavenger Hunt uptown for businesses is still being worked out by Cindy Soderberg.
Meeting adjourned at 9:20pm.
Next meeting will be held at regular meeting time on May 2nd 7:00 pm at Community room (old girl’s locker room) in the Community Center. Please attend final decisions are going to be made.
Respectively submitted by
Laura Andersen CLCC Secretary