Clear Lake Community Club Minutes
May 1st, 2017 7:00 p.m.
President Alison Blanchard opened the meeting with 18 present.
Minutes were read. Treasurers’ report read. Balance of $13,905.50.
- Earth Day Event on April 22nd at Community Center was successful. We need to work on non-profit status to sponsor them next year.
- Tri County Ad was passed around for corrections and additions. We need to have finalized by June 1st.
- Madeline Andersen, Second Princess and Miss Congeniality. Thanked the Club for the opportunity in serving the community and looks forward to serving the Clear Lake Community in the years to come.
- Royalty will be making their own buttons using the CL Logo provided.
- Mary Wienke needs to be contacted or invited to a meeting for heading up the Car Show. Midway Bar needs to be contacted as well for sponsoring Motorcycle show. Cabin Bar & Grill for sponsoring also.
- Coozies: will be ordering 1,500 at a total cost of $540.00. Will sell for $2 each. Have to pay before you take them. Sheet was passed around for people wanting to be contacted when they come in. Estimated date of arrival is May 8th.
- Community Club t-shirts and polos have come in. Bright green with CL logo on front top right and EVENT STAFF on back. Total was $386.13. Lisa Duden paid for shirts and Treasurer Kristin will reimburse her.
- Thursday, June 22nd band is set and need to contact Cindy Moreland for Saturday after parade time and band name for poster info.
- CL Royalty is handing out Community Business Thank Yous. Leona Voss, Amy Strobach and Miss Clear Lake Camryn Lillie will do that on Wednesday, May 3rd, after school.
- Picture of CL Community Club members heading committees will be taken this evening at end of meeting.
- Water bottles to queen’s Tea will be taken care of by Carl Nilssen, as well as other various stations.
- Grand Marshalls Mr. & Mrs. Neil and Joan Lillie are excited about CL Days..
- Ambulance/ EMT’s will be selling corn-on-a-cob or something on a stick before, during and after parade. They also will be selling at Sunday’s Car Show. It was decide to also charge them the $200 dollar fee same as other food vendors during CL Days. Curly will take care of it. Community Club will be selling beer, pop and water at Car Show.
- Lisa Duden will lease 6 sets of bleachers from the St. Croix Fair Grounds. There is a 50% prepay for contract. 5 will be at Derby and 1 uptown for Kiddie Tractor Pull.
- Derby Trophies are done. Nextgen will sponsor Derby, Duden family will sponsor Power Wheels, and Lawnmowers will be sponsored by T Fuddies.
- Two ticket booths made by Nextgen. One will be uptown and one down at Derby. Motion made and approved for Nextgen to purchase 8,000 tickets for $15.00. Need to figure prices for tickets and corresponding colors for those prices. Water, pop, beer, harder drinks, Derby ticket prices and Summer Family Kick-Off.
- Summer Kick-Off Event on June 3rd, 12-4:00pm in conjunction with CLAY Event that is 2-5pm. Budget has been set at $500.00 or under. Charge $2 for plate of hot dog, chips, bottled water and ice cream with donation jar made available. SO far we have face painting, Amy S. will ask Keri Aquino for 2 Bouncy Houses, selling Can Coozies, Scavenger Hunt headed up by Cindy Soderberg, Open Fishing Day? Cricket LaFond can donate worms, Tonya Jo Roth and April Riniker will help Alison Blanchard with more ideas. We will schedule a special meeting for just this committee. Planning for 200 people food wise.
- Oktober Family Fun Fest on October 14th, 11-7pm. Budget will be brought up at June meeting. Village approved to be on Main Street. Detailed map will be drawn out at later date. Need to contact FFA Alumni for cheese curd stand, Lions will do brats, kraut and german mustard. Eddie Flanum from Kripple Kreek will provide pumpkins and mums, Pumpkin painting sponsored by Rusted Rooster, Polka Band in full dress has been contacted for around $900.00, and we will need a tent as well. We will get prices from Sign Express; have sign out at Kripple Kreek on US Highway 63. The snowmobile Club will Co-sponsor. Painted sign vendor with fall theme. Ask Brickfire, Midway, The Cabin if offering any specials during those hours. Contact Clayton Lions Brewfest for more vendors. Another idea is to have dunk tank with Clear Lake School teachers and staff.
- Save the date postcard. Motion made and approved for $500 budget. 4×6” double sided postcards. Sponsorship of Nextgen, CL Physical Therapy and CL Self Storage. 2,000 cards at $160.00 and postage cost around $300.00. Extras after mailing will be used for hand outs at Summer Kick-Off.
- Our Non-Profit status is still being looked into. We need Articles of Incorporation to be found; ask past officers? Cindy Soderberg and Alison Blanchard will meet with Kyle Overby.
- Treasurer Kristin LaBeree has Post Office Box key. Gerriane needs to get postcards for Parade entries.
- Scholarship Committee: Lisa Duden, April Riniker, Laura Andersen and Alison Blanchard will get them emailed from Kristin.
- Special meeting for Summer Kick-Off on May 23rd at 7:00 at Community Center cafeteria.
Next meeting will be June 5th, 2017 at Community Center cafeteria at 7 pm.
Meeting adjourned at 8:45pm.
Respectively submitted by
Laura Andersen CLCC Secretary