Clear Lake Community Club Minutes July 10th, 2017 7:04 p.m.
President Alison Blanchard opened the meeting with 10 present.
Minutes were read. Treasurers’ report read. Balance of $13,286.37.
Clear Lake Heritage Days Feedback:
- Port-a-potties – need uptown for parade and car show.
- More lighting at port-a-potties
- Petting zoo people were very happy with street shut down
- Music on Saturday was nice
- Start bands earlier to lead people to next area of action; instead of waiting around
- Opened too many cases of beer, so couldn’t return.
- Need more helpers/ start earlier with set ups
- Tickets worked well.
- As people think of more suggestions or comments please send in by email or let someone know from Community Club to relay message.
For upcoming Oktober Fun Fest and 2018 Clear Lake Heritage Days-
- Fence must be around tents and/or areas were alcohol is being sold with another fence 6 feet around that fence.
- A person with Bartending License must be present when selling alcohol.
Oktober Fun Fest:
- Motion made and approved to contract Polka Band – Richie Yurkovich & Polkarioty
- Kristin LaBeree is head committee of food vendors. Brats from Lions Club, Cheese Curd Stand from FFA Alumni, Pretzels & mustard by church group. Seeking more vendors/church groups or clubs interested. Desserts? Apple Strudels from a club? Electrical hook ups need to be looked into for main street hook ups by Midway Bar/Kivlin Eye Clinic. Entry fee for vendors is $50.00.
- April Riniker is head committee for Arts/Crafts vendors. Set up will be from Rusted Rooster to Midway Bar. Will be sending out flyers to prospective vendors. There will be a $20.00 fee per table/area. Suggested ideas are painted signs class, String art class, etc.
- Beer Tent will need to be fenced, staffed and ticketing done by Snowmobile Club; main contacts to be Chase and Nick.
- We will be coordinating with EMS and Fire Department Open House and Clear Lake Public Library so need to keep in contact with them with marketing/Flyers and signs on 63.
- Motion made and approved to split profits 50/50 between Snowmobile Club and Clear Lake Community Club.
- Motion made and approved for $25.00 entry fee including Stein; with $5.00 profit of Stein to Community Club; only paying to drink.
- Beer steins are being ordered from the school. Glass with 1.89/2.99 cost lasering of logo.
- Need someone to contact businesses uptown for any specials they can run. Brick fire Pizza, The Cabin, Midway Bar and others on Main Street if going to be open.
- Having Junior Post Prom 5K before or as Oktober Fun fest begins.
- Other ideas tossed around: Costume Contest for dressing up German? Hayrides? Scavenger Hunt? Tents needed for band and beer/wine vendor area? Presell tickets at home football game and 5K run.
- The Clear Lake Community Club will be starting new accounts at Huntington Bank under the name Clear Lake Civics & Commerce Association; as name is on Articles of Incorporation.
- Motion made and approved for gift cards to Brick fire Pizza to 5 people who helped with hard work on Clear Lake Days decided by President Alison Blanchard.
- Looking into hosting an outdoor movie at Chalet for kids and families. Will be looking into Outdoor Movie Licensing.
- Thank you party at Brick fire Pizzas extra room.
- Need new secretary by next meeting, anyone interested please come to August meeting.
- Asking all people to share often anything pertaining to Clear Lake Community Club to promote Clear Lake.
Next meeting will be August 7th, 2017 at Clear Lake Community Center Cafeteria at 7:00 pm.
Meeting adjourned at 8:40pm.
Respectively submitted by
Laura Andersen CLCC Secretary